The application for entrance into the HESA program for 2017-2019 is currently available through the UConn Graduate School website. You can go online and begin working on your application at any point. Select “Fall 2017” * as the admit term. Please make sure your unofficial transcripts, resume, and personal statement have all been uploaded before you make your submission.
Applicants will need to provide the program with the following items:
- Application for Admission ($75 online application fee)
- Personal Statement [Updated 6/16/15]
- In 350 words or less describe the ways in which the features of the HESA program can help you achieve your academic and professional goals.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Through the online application, applicants will provide contact information for each of their recommenders. The recommenders will then be sent an email with direction and log-in information on where they can upload letters of recommendation.
- Resident Affidavit
- Each applicant will need to fill out the Resident Affidavit through the online application. If you are not a Connecticut resident, please just make that selection on the form and submit it with the rest of your materials.
- Please use a PC to complete the PDF form, it is not compatible with Macs.
- Official TOEFL score (for international students)
- For further questions or information, please contact the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) Office
- Unofficial transcript from each college or university attended (upload a PDF version within the online application)
- Applicants do not have to submit a writing sample with their application. The Graduate School application is used for a variety of programs, where other submissions are necessary. Please only submit the aforementioned documents on this page, for writing samples and additional materials beyond what is requested on this page will not be reviewed.
If you are admitted to the incoming cohort you will be required to send official transcripts from each college or university you have attended. At that time please mail them to the graduate school at the following address:
Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Extension, Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269
More detailed information about the application process can be found at the Graduate School website. You may also want to check our HESA Frequently Asked Questions page for admissions information. For additional updates, please return back to the HESA website, like our Facebook Page and follow us on twitter @UConnHESA. Please feel free to ask questions on the facebook page, twitter, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone (860) 486-8760.